Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
After I leave from subbing, I'm going home to pack, run a couple of errands, and then me, J, and little Daisy are on to wonderful southwest Georgia!
It was my brother's 21st birthday on Tuesday so we are going to visit the fam as well as go to a high school friend's wedding on Saturday. She and the groom have been dating for 8 years!
Then on Sunday we'll come back to the 'Boro, do whatev, then watch Desperate Housewives! Can't wait for the season to start!
Well, I gotta run so I can pick up these kiddos from P. E. The day is finally almost over...these kids wear me out!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- that I woke up today with J by my side.
- that I had the patience to deal with a classroom full of 21 second graders today.
- to hear my little Daisy make that whimpering noise while she's dreaming.
- for having wonderful friends and family in my life.
- to be healthy.
- for God's love.
If this story doesn't touch your heart I don't know what will.
J told me about this little girl, Gracyn DenBesten, who had never been sick (beyond the common cold/flu) was diagnosed with viral myocarditis after going to the hospital on Christmas Eve. She finally received the Berlin heart (an artificial heart) in April and is still going strong :) It's amazing what God has done in her life.
She shows her love for God by using her beautiful voice to spread His word. She wrote a beautiful song called "I Love You More." I teared up and got chills when she sang her song.
To listen to this song please go to http://www.shinevision.com/ and play the first video to hear Gracyn sing her beautiful song!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Okay so it may not look very good but o.m.g. it is delicious! My mama used to make it a lot when I was growing up so of course I learned how to make it :) It's a very simple and quick recipe and is so addicting for chocoholics like me!
1 cup brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips or morsels
Remove from oven and immediately spread on the chocolate chips. Spread evenly with spoon or knife (will melt). Refrigerate for an hour or until chocolate is firm. Peel off foil and break into pieces. Pine bark freezes well.
So if you're craving something chocolatey (like I usually am) this is the perfect recipe!
- go a day without shaving my legs...I have to do it every night before I go to bed!
- stand leaving my little Daisy by herself during the day.
- wait for cooler weather so I can break out my scarves :)
- believe we've been married for almost 4 months.
- make the perfect pitcher of sweet tea.
- spend hours walking around TJ Maxx, Target, and Hobby Lobby.
- watch HGTV all day long.
- eat chocolate every day.
- be getting on a plane any time soon...they scare me!
- go to bed without the ceiling fan on.
- go one night without wearing my retainers (yes...i still wear them!)
- eat corn on the cob...Ialways cut off the corn before I eat it.
- start going to church more.
- one day move back to my home town even though right now I love where we are.
- be glued to our tv next week for all of the fall season premieres!
- get a Simple Diary soon :)
- worry about the future.
- complain about getting up early to go to sub.
- eat my weight in the pine bark I made the other day!
- try to fill up my closet with as many cardigans as I can find but I can't help it...I'm a sucker for a cute cardi :)
- drink more water.
- start working out again...even if it's on the Wii Fit.
- print off our wedding pictures to put in my scrapbook.
- live my life to the fullest every day.
I can't wait until 2:30 though so I can go here since I forgot my lunch today...
...maybe here to pick up some fun fall things for our house...
...and to go home to see this adorable little girl!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Since I unfortunately could not find a permanent teaching job I am currently substituting. I have been subbing for the past year while getting my Master's and now that I'm done I'm still subbing at the same wonderful school. I'm actually subbing today :) and have been all week. The school keeps me pretty busy! Even though this is not what I was planning on doing after finishing 5 years of school, I hope and pray that I will find a teaching job sooner rather than later :)
As soon as I leave school today, I'm going home to clean up the kitchen, fold some laundry, and make our bed so that when my daddy comes to visit the house will look halfway decent! He's coming to visit (and er, work) this weekend to help us finish painting our 2nd bedroom and hang some pictures and curtains. Both my parents are so handy and creative but since mama couldn't come this weeknd, daddy will have the pleasure of helping :)
Before my dad arrives, I'm going to a jewelry party that my future sister-in-law is hosting. When I leave there me, J, and daddy will probably go to our fave Mexican restaurant for supper.
Saturday, J has to work :( so me and a couple of friends are going to our local Habitat for Humanity to browse around at some of the things that have been dropped off. Sometimes you can find some interesting things there! My old roomie found this beautiful yellow velvet-type chair that we are actually using in our bedroom.
Sunday, I'm sure will be spent finishing painting and hanging things around the house.
Then back to subbing on Monday! At least I have some kind of job :)
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!